Many of us are thinking about getting in shape before the festive season arrives. Hands up if you’d like to lose a few pounds to feel more confident in that little black dress? Did you know that more than 80% of us have cellulite? It’s caused by a collection of fat that pushes into the skin’s upper layer giving a dimpled look. Getting rid of cellulite can be tricky, but we’d like to share our top tips on reducing that orange peel skin in no time. We’d also like to let you know about our amazing Endermologie offer in our Bourne End Salon for October only.
Watch what you put into your body
- Drink 1.5 litres of water a day to keep skin hydrated and flush out toxins. Did you know that too much water could actually lead to swelling under cellulite?
- Protein strengthens the production of collagen and elastin which keeps cellulite at bay. Eat lean meats and pulses.
- The fats in oily fish help reduce swelling that could make skin cell damage worse. Try to eat oily fish once a week.
- Avoid full fat dairy products like cream, butter & cheese as they are high in saturated fats & harder to break down.
- Eating takeaways & processed foods can cause cellulite as they lead to fat deposits in our bodies. Try more homemade food!
- Try celery, oranges, grapefruit, peaches and plums which are all low in natural sugar and high in fibre to beat cellulite.
- Eggs, apples, soy, spinach, cauliflower, peanuts and Iceberg lettuce are all Lecithin rich foods, great for getting rid of cellulite.
- Although thin people are just as likely to get cellulite as overweight people, weight gain can worsen the appearance of cellulite. If you combine a cardiovascular exercise program, with resistance training on your legs and bottom, you could dramatically reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Cardio exercise is proven to help you get rid of cellulite. Walking, cycling and running are great to target key areas.
- Liz Hurley swears by taking the stairs to keep off the pounds and to get rid of cellulite as it stimulates circulation!
What else can you do?
- Use a scrub every time you shower to increase circulation on thighs and buttocks. You can also use cellulite cream.
- Smoking can worsen cellulite as it cuts off your skin’s food supply and floods your body with toxins, so here’s another reason to quit smoking.
- Use Endermologie to beat cellulite. The technique uses two motorised rollers and regulated suction to break down some of your fat cells, thereby boosting circulation and stretching the collagen fibres. The broken down fat cells are then spread into a smoother layer. A visible improvement can be seen after one session although ten or more sessions are recommended for lasting results.
We have an exciting Endermologie promotion at our Bourne End Salon for October only. Get your first treatment half price. Beat cellulite and end stubborn fat!
Find out more about our latest promotions here: https://lavenderandstonebeautyrooms.co.uk/promotions/.