The summer weather is well and truly here and it’s more important than ever to take good care of your skin. We find lots of clients are booking facials just before a big event like a wedding. However, did you know that regular facials will give you a healthier and balanced complexion, helping you to maintain your skin health? They can also combat problems such as oily skin, clogged pores and itchy skin.
Your face is the one area of your body that is almost always exposed to the outside elements including wind, sun, and cold. In order to keep your face looking young and healthy, you need to take good care of your skin.
Your skin is always on display and often has the power to dictate how good you feel about yourself, therefore investing in proper skin care is of great importance. Regular facials can eliminate the skin problems that many people get down about.
Facials are ideal once a month because your stratum corneum (the outermost layer of visible skin) will completely renew itself approximately every 28 days. In this time your skin cells are constantly being renewed, to replace the older cells. If you give your skin a head start with a good facial, your skin cells will begin to replicate the new healthier cells, therefore giving you a better complexion.
Most skin products can take up to 6-8 weeks to start to treat active skin cells, but by speeding up the renewal process with a facial you can make your skin products work faster and more effectively.
Still not convinced about a monthly facial? We’d like to share some other reasons to book a regular facial:
- Facials can slow the aging process. They allow healthier and more radiant skin and can reduce fine lines, age spots and relieve dehydrated skin.
- Facials allow you to relax. Who couldn’t do with a bit of extra “me time”?
- Facials increase the circulation of the blood under the skin, helping new skin cells to grow healthily.
- Facials decrease waste underneath the skin that can cause puffiness and ruddiness.
- A facial will cleanse the pores on a much deeper level.
- Facials provide deeper exfoliation than you can achieve at home which smoothes the skin, unclogs the pores, and evens skin tone.
- Facials will allow whatever skin products you use to work more effectively.
In between a monthly facial, we recommend a good skin care routine consisting of cleansing, toning and moisturising. Please speak to your beauty therapist about the best products for your skin type. And finally, please always remember to use sun protection on your skin.
For May only, we have some fantastic offers on facials and skincare. Find out more here: https://lavenderandstonebeautyrooms.co.uk/promotions/.